Day 1: Delhi/Leh
Ladakh Safari Tour
8 Nights / 9 Days
Delhi - Leh - Hunder - Diskit - Tegger - Pinchimic - Panamic - Panamic - Leh - Delhi
- IC Flight : Met upon arrival at the Leh airport and transfer to hotel. Day free at rest for high altitude acclamatisation. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2: Leh
- Car/Jeep: Morning proceed to visit the most important monasteries of central Ladakh along river Indus. VISIT: SHEY GOMPA (It was the ancient capital of Ladakh. The monastery has a huge copper gilted image of Sakayamuni Buddha and a large silver lamp burning infront of the statue), THIKSAY GOMPA (one of the most pictresquely lacted Gompa, the monastery is actually a complex of buildings on a crag rising in tier upon tier above the village. The Chamba Dhukang enshrines a huge image of Maitraya Buddha) and later drive further down to cross over the bridge at Kharu and visit the largest and the richest HEMIS GOMPA (wander through the many darkly lit prayer halls with exqusite thankas, paintings, murals, silver stupas etc). Drive back to Leh. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3: Leh/Hunder
- Jeeps: Early morning drive in jeeps to Hunder. After 39 kms from Leh cross over the highest motorable road in the world KHARDUNG-LA (5,578 MT). The view from the top is simply amazing. Enter Nubra Valley situated along river Shayok. The valley is covered with dense thickets of seabuckthorn - a throny schurb which the villagers use for fuel and fencing their fields. Enroute drive past the capital Diskit. Drive another 9 kms further and arrive at the small village of Hunder (3,048 mt). Overnight stay in tents.
Day 4: Hunder/Diskit
- Safari (2-3 hrs): Morning visit Chamba monastery of Hunder and then start the Safari on the shabby double-humped Bactrian camels, which in olden days were the main mode of transport on the Ladakh-Yarkhand (Turkmanistan) trade. The Safari goes along the soft white sandy deserts with rolling sand dunes. Arrival at the capital of Nubra i.e. Diskit. Afternoon proceed to explore the DISKIT VILLAGE. Being the main town of Nubra, it has a small market bustling with activity. Also visit the Gompa, situated on a rocky spur above the village providing a commanding view of the valley. Overnight stay in camps.
Day 5: Diskit/Tegger
Jeeps | Tegger/Pinchimic - Safari (2hrs): Morning drive to Tegger village (3,146 mt). Upon arrival visit Samstanling village off the main road and is one of the most charming villages of Nubra. Visit Samstanling Gompa. Afternoon start Safari to reach Pinchimic. The Safari is comparatively short and goes along the river where the valley is well spread. Arrive Pinchimic and overnight stay in tents.
Day 6: Pinchimic/Panamic
- l Safari (1-2hrs): Morning start the last leg of Safari to Panamic. Enroute visit a beautiful lake chucked between two small hills. Checkin at the camps upon arrival. Afternoon explore PANAMIC VILLAGE: Festival, Ladakh Travel PackagesDuring the trade between Central Asia and Ladakh, Panamic was the lastmajor settlement before the caravans cross the Karakoram range. Today, Panamic is a sleepy village, with its people quitly working in their fields. Visit the village thermal HOT SPRINGS locally reputed to have therapeutic qualities. Overnight in tents.
Day 7: Panamic/Leh
- Jeeps: Morning visit to ENSA GOMPA across the river clinging precariously to the mountain sorrounded by few trees. Return back and drive to Leh. Upon arrival in the evening checkin at the hotel. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 8: Leh:
- Day free at leisure to explore the market. Evening proceed for Folk dances of Ladakh programme. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 9: Leh/Delhi
- IC Flight : Morning transfer to airport to board flight for Delhi.
End of a memorable tour !!!